Tuesday, January 20

The Way I "Z" It

Did you know that the letter is picked at “Random” by an Excel spreadsheet?  No, I am not crazy enough to pick Z on my own, but it has been fun trying to come up with words.  In my search, I found this and thought it was interesting.

Z\ (z[=e]; in England commonly, and in America sometimes, z[e^]d; formerly, also, [i^]z"z[e^]rd) Z, the twenty-sixth and last letter of the English alphabet, is a vocal consonant. It is taken from the Latin letter Z, which came from the Greek alphabet, this having it from a Semitic source. The ultimate origin is probably Egyptian. Etymologically, it is most closely related to s, y, and j; as in glass, glaze; E. yoke, Gr. ?, L. yugum; E. zealous, jealous. See Guide to Pronunciation, [sect][sect] 273, 274.

Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.
Cite This Source

 

Zzzzz’s

Zoobers
some call them razzberries – making silly noises with your mouth on a baby/child’s tummy)

Zeroes
6 of them behind a non-zero and a dollar sign handed to me would be nice
I would even settle for 1 of them
But have you ever wondered what life would be like without 0’s?

No comments: